Daniel Eppel has an impressive history in composing original music for: film, international commercials, documentaries for national and international television and animation. He also works as a post-production sound engineer and music producer. Daniel received a scholarship to study performance, film scoring and music engineering at the prestigious Berklee College of Music in Boston, where he graduated Cum Laude in 2003. In 2002, Daniel was the 1st Runner Up in the American Mid-South Grammys Showcase hosted in Memphis, TN his home town.
Daniel is now based in Cape Town, South Africa, his country of birth, where he is continuing his work as a composer / producer / engineer, as well as a DJ as a side gig (https://soundcloud.com/eppelsauce).
In the summer of 2008, Daniel worked in LA with several renowned composers. His work in LA included an assisting composer position with Philip Geffin on, Starz Entertainment film: ‘Table for Three’, featuring actor Brandon Roth.
Daniel freelances for Soundtree Music (UK), arguably one of the top music-for-ads companies worldwide. Their credits include the film, ‘Sexy Beast’, many iconic ads such as ‘The Surfer’, ‘Bet on Black’. ( http://soundtree.co.uk/ )
In March, 2011 Daniel produced the song entitled Flow. This track involved many well-renowned local and international musicians, including Zolani from Freshly Ground, Josi Field, Yoav, Samite, Stef Bos and others.
Daniel’s composition credits and clients include: Ogilvi, Jupiter Drawing Room, Orange Films, Fundi Films, Zoom, Supa Strikas, Animal Planet, SABC, ETV, NHU, Revlon, Fanta, Shoprite, Savlon, Coca-Cola, Pep, Shoprite, Axe, OMO, ESPN, among others.
Daniel’s studio credits and collaborators include: ZA News (David Kramer, Nick Rabinovitz, Zapiro), Zolani Mahola (Where Do I Stand – documentary), Monique Hellenberg (from Goldfish), Balkan Beatbox, Frank Paco, Sara Lieb, Mac Macenzie, Hilton Schilder, Freshly Ground, Spoek Mathambo, Wolf Town, Black Bear. Brendan Adams.
In March, 2012, Daniel received a prestigious Fleur Du Cap nomination in the Music Composition/Sound Design category for the Handspring Puppet Company’s production of Ouroboros. Handspring’s previous production Warhorse was the winner of a Tony Award.
Daniel (a.k.a DJ EPPELSAUCE) performs regularly around Cape Town, including at Assembly, Zula, Earthdance, Rocking the Daisies, Nu World Eve, Cape Town World Music Festival, Flamjangled Tea Party and more.
A SMALL SELECTION OF AUDIO POST-PRODUCTION CREDITS INCLUDE
• Feature Films – Mastering African Metropolis – Producer: Steven Marcovitz
• Feature Film – Final Mix Birthday Weekend – Dir. Emily Marcuson
• Feature Film – Final Mix Rooiland – Dir.Jaco Bouwer
• Feature Length Documentary-F.Mix I Afrikaaner – Dir. Annalet Steenkamp
• Feature Length Documentary-F.Mix Driving William – Go Trolly Films
• Feature Length Documentary-F.Mix Lizards – NHU
• Feature Length Documentary-F.Mix Men From Atlantis – Go Trolly Films
• Feature Length Documentary-F.Mix Gorillas – NHU
• Feature Length Documentary-F.Mix UNAIDS – Dir. J.V. Meygaarden
• Feature Length Documentary-F.Mix FHSC – Dir. Liani Maasdorp
• 13 –Part Series – Final Mix Cheetah Diaries – NHU (Passed QC on all EPs on first attempt)
• 6-Part Series – Final Mix Rawlicious – Greenhouse Productions
• 16-Part Series – Final Mix Schools that Work
• 30mn TV Show – SABC– Final Mix The Little Dolphin
• 30mn TV Show – SABC– Final Mix The Monitors – Dir. Zach Vincent
• Documentary Short – Final Mix The Virgin Myth – Butterfly Films
• Documentary Short – Final Mix My City – Lucid Pictures
• Documentary Short – Final Mix Rocky Shores – Dir. Zach Vincent
…and many more, email Daniel Eppel for more information.
Visit our link partners